Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

Well it's the start of another year. I know it's several days into the new year, but I've spent the last few days reflecting on 2007 and planning for 2008.

As for 2007, I've made some progress toward my goal to become a healthier woman, wife, and mom. Thanks to all the friends and family that have helped to get me where I am. I've not gotten as far as I would have liked, but that just leaves room for improvement this year. Right? I won't labor over the past. I saw a sign earlier that said, "The past is for thanksgiving, the future is for hope." I am so thankful for all the successes I had last year, and I have high hopes for the coming year.

I decided not to make resolutions for 2008; I'm really good at breaking them. Instead I've chosen to set goals for this year.

My goals for 2008:

1. Have a date day/night once a month with DH (even if it means getting a babysitter).
2. Have a date time with Stephanie (even if it means getting a babysitter).
3. Begin a more regular devotional time.
4. Go to the gym at least 2x a week; work out some other way the other days.
5. Cook at home 3 nights a week; eat at home 5-6 times a week.
6. Work on the house following Flylady each week; therefore keeping the house out of CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome).
7. Learn how to say NO!!!!!!!

I know that looks like a lot, but like I said they are goals. I know I can't do any of this on my own, but only through God's help.

Please pray for me as I embark on this journey towards health and sanity. I will be sharing some of my insights as I read throughout this year.

God Bless and I pray you have a wonderful and blessed 2008!

No comments: