Wednesday, January 23, 2008

God is so Good!!!!!

You probably have already heard that my grandfather passed away Tuesday afternoon. I asked that you all be praying for a way for me to be able to go to the funeral. Yesterday, I tried finding flights out of Houston, and the cheapest flight from Houston to Gulfport, MS, was $1081 one way. Not exactly in my budget. The next closest flight would land in New Orleans and then I'd have to drive 1 1/2 hours to Gulfport, but this flight was $127 one way. Much better but still a little out of budget b/c now I would have to rent a car and drive to Gulfport. Needless to say I was VERY discouraged at this point, but I had talked to several WONDERFUL friends and all were so encouraging and said that if I was meant to go that God would make a way.

After going to the dr. for the 2nd time in 2 days (once for Charlie, who has the flu, and today for the girls who have matching ear infections), I was online with a friend of mine who works at our church. She tells me that someone from our church has donated a roundtrip ticket for me to go to the funeral. So now I just have to find a car to get me from NO to MS, and a hotel once I get to MS. I call my dad to let him know and after we talked for a while, they graciously decided to pay for my hotel.

After God got done with his miracles for today (not that there aren't more in store for tomorrow), the only expense I will have is for my rental car.

So, I am leaving tomorrow (Wednesday) and will be back on Friday. Please continue to pray for my family. My dad has taken this very hard. It also has fallen at the end of the month, which coincides with a lot of work and stress. Also, please pray for my safety as I travel (I have not flown since 9/11 and I'm a little nervous). I will be flying half way and then driving the rest of the way.

Thank you so much for your friendship. It means the world to me.

1 comment:

sarahdawn said...

I am praying for you all this week. I know it is a hard time. Lay softly in the arms of God at the end of the day. There you will find peace that surpasses words. I love you!